Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Turning the page

What an October it was - the month flew by as all of SE Michigan got behind the Detroit Tigers in their quest for the World Series. Sure it's sad that we came up short, but what an amazing season nonetheless. I'll never forget the feeling I got when my wife Kim and I walked into Comerica Park for the 1st WS game - talk about a goosebump moment!

This past Sunday I had the honor of being the emcee for the Revenge of the Book Eaters benefit concert for 826Michigan, a nonprofit writing and tutoring center for students. Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a big, big success! Performers included the Cowboy Junkies, Blanche's Dan John Miller, ex-Pavement leader Stephen Malkmus, and writers Dave Eggers, Julie Orringer and Davy Rothbart. The evening had a beautiful, mellow vibe to it, and I had a total and utter blast...and what's best, it was all for an important cause.

Turn the calendar page and here it is, a November that promises to be a busy one. I'm off to see Bob Dylan tomorrow night at the Palace (and maybe heading up to London, Ontario on Friday to see him again there!), then I'll be at the Liberty St. Borders at 12:30 next Monday, Nov. 6 for a Studio A2 on the Road with Amos Lee, then I'll be on the air next Tuesday hosting a Studio A2 at the station with the band Guster - and there are plenty of other Studio A2s in the work as well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Alabaster said...

Hi there,

I was recently in Ann Arbor to visit 826Michigan's Monster Union tutoring center.

I've put together a photo essay on their writing lab that I thought you might enjoy.

826Michigan Tour

I produced a piece on Chicago's 826 center a few months ago that was a pretty big hit on the internet and thought people might get a kick out of this as well.

826CHI

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home