Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar Noms

So the Oscar Nominations were announced this morning and I was pleased to see that my 5 favorite films of 2007 all were nominated, some of them repeatedly - my full top ten for 2007 is at the end of this post, by the way.
I was particularly thrilled about a couple of the nominations, including Cate Blanchett's best supporting actress nod for her portrayal of Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There," and how cool for "Falling Slowly" from "Once" getting a nom for best original song. Nice too to see "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly" get four nominations, although it was passed over for best picture - a shame.
"There Will Be Blood" got 8 much-deserved nominations, including best picture, and sweet to see "Persepolis" get a nom in the best animated feature category.
Now the big question: will the awards ceremony happen, or will there justbe a bare-bones news conferencedue to the Writer's Guild strike?
Listen in tomorrow morning when I give away tickets to Friday night's performances at the Ann Arbor Folk Festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home